Lat Ya, Mueang Kanchanaburi District, Kanchanaburi 71190, Thailand
The Lost Adventure with Bike & TravelMt. Biking in Thailand is not for the faint of heart. The real adventure in this photo begins on day two of a bike tour in the jungle regions of Thailand near the Burma border.
The first day was a van ride, a stop at the river Kwai, and a 35 km bike ride. Only a few things of note occurred on the first day of biking. In some ways that first day of biking seemed like a completely different trip since we had been on three other great trips with this bike touring company.
Each trip had its own adventures, from meeting hill tribe villagers on their poppy field converted coffee and vegetable farms to soaking in the warm river hot springs after a long day of biking.
For those who want to recreate the trip and the map from day two of our bike tour, I will try to help you draw the treasure map as we remember it.
1. Take a sheet of paper and a pencil
2. Draw a big upside-down, narrow U .
3. At the lower right hand corner,write “Start”.
4. At the lower left corner write “Lake”.
5. Now, draw a line branching off of the outside of the U from that point and loop it around to connect it back up to the upside-down U right at the top center.
6. Where you started this loop, draw a little picture of a pagoda.
7. Now go back up to the top of the upside-down U, and draw a guard shack (kind of a tall, narrow dog house sketch).
8. At the bottom draw to two parallel roads coming of the U.
9. At the edge of the paper, write “Waterfall”.
10. Finally crumple tup he paper for effect.