Kailua Beach Adventures
130 Kailua Road
| +1 808-262-2555
Sun - Sat 8am - 5pm
Adventure Travel Oahu - Kayaking and Hiking KailuaAdventure travel seekers…
Here’s an aloha adventure travel combo on O’ahu for you: Kayaking and Hiking Kailua, Oahu.
The below itinerary, my PIC (Partner In Crime) and I did in a matter of a expedited four hours, not including getting in and out of Honolulu (#3 worst traffic in the USA!). I’d recommend penciling in a full-day.
Kayak to the Mokes and Hike Pillboxes Trail
1) Rent tandem kayak at Kailua Beach Adventures along with dry bag (good for your camera and picnic lunch), life vests, and a mandatory permit (except Sundays) to land on the Mokes.
2) Transfer kayak on wheels to ocean and paddle on a guided course provided by Kailua Beach Adventure via video.
3) Travel along Lanikai Beach and turn towards Mokes at a large pile of sandbags at the end of the beach.
4) Avoid the reef and two merging waves coming from around the Mokes.
5) Beach kayak and enjoy a picnic with a spectacular view.
6) Return back the same way you came and refuel your tank.
7) Drive to Pillboxes Trailhead – Kaelepulu Drive.
8) Walk to 1st pillbox (old bunker) or 2nd pillbox.
9) Enjoy the view of Kailua, the Mokes, and Lanikai Beach.
10) Commit to repeat on next visit.
As always, stay up-to-date on more adventure travel stories and tips from Hawaii and more destinations. Connect and see full post: http://www.mstravelingpants.travel/north-american/adventure-travel-combo-oahu-kayaking-and-hiking-kailua/