Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
top 10 places to visit in rajasthanRajasthan- Experience the Royalty of India
Rajasthan, the largest state of India is undoubtedly one of the most popular destinations in India due to its rich culture and heritage. Steeped in history and royal grandeur, the royal land of Rajasthan is worldwide known for its cultural richness, historical and tourism options. Well, to your surprise, Rajasthan is one such place where you get plenty tourist attractions to go to.
Below we are listing the top 10 tourist places to go in Rajasthan:
1. Jaipur- Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan attracts large number of tourists everywhere. The city is also known as the “pink city” and received its name due to the pink façade of the stones used to construct most of the buildings here. As there are many tourist places to visit in Jaipur, it is best that you hire the best Jaipur car rental for the sightseeing.
You can also book a Jaipur tour package or Jaipur sight seeing package to make your trip smooth and hassle free. Some of the best places to visit in Jaipur include Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Amer Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Jal Mahal and many others.
2. Udaipur- Known as the “city of lakes” and “Venice of the east”, being in Rajasthan, you cannot afford to miss to visit Udaipur. The best thing about the city is that it is a home to beautiful gardens, fortresses, famous Pichola Lake, Fateh Sagar, Swaroop Sagar, Udai Sagar, and many old Hindu temples.
3. Jodhpur- Erstwhile capital of Marwar, Jodhpur is very close to Thar Desert and still retains the old grandeur to the large extent. The most fascinating thing about this place is that one can still feel and experience the old grandeur and pride of Marwar at this place. You can also visit the majestic fort that takes you back to the old days of Marwar.
4. Bikaner- Located on the northern side of Rajasthan, Bikaner is another most visited tourist attraction in Rajasthan. For all those people who wants to enjoy the famous camel ride of Rajasthan should definitely visit this place to enjoy the best camel rides. You will also be surprised to know that Camels are not only used as the means of transport in Bikaner, but they are also widely used to work on the wells.
5. Jaisalmer-It is not wrong to say that the place breathes the magic of the desert in true sense. The magnificent Jaisalmer fort tells the past history of the place in a truly magical way. This place is also the best place to spend some gala time enjoying the sand dunes and the camel rides. You can also go for a Camel safari on the large stretches of the desert land. You will love the whole experience of camel ride and sand dunes in Jaipur.
6. Ajmer- Another popular tourist destination in Rajasthan, Ajmer is one of the places ruled by Chauhan’s for a long period. Later Mohammad Ghori conquered the city in 1193 AD, and that is when Dargah of Moinuddin Chishti came into existence. The place is worshipped by both Hindus and Muslims and attracts tourist from all the corners of the world.
7. Pushkar- Also known as the abode of Lord Brahma, Pushkar is a beautiful dusty town and is an important pilgrimage center for Hindus. It also houses the sole temple of Lord Brahma. The city is surrounded by hills on three sides and sand dunes on the other and is definitely a must visit place in Pushkar. You can also enjoy the colorful Camel Fair that held around the month of October and November.
8. Mount Abu- Often visited by royalties and Britishers for relaxing and rejuvenating your mind and soul, Mount Abu is a beautiful hill station, located in Rajasthan. The beautiful weather and natural surrounding of this place is a perfect getaway for tourists during the summer time.
9. Sariska Sanctuary- Rich in flora and fauna, this place is truly a paradise for all nature lovers. The sanctuary is also a home to many species of birds. Spread in the area of 826 square kilometers, you can enjoy a wildlife safari in the dense forest and descending valleys.
10. Ranthambore National Park- Situated in the Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore national park is the largest wildlife reserve in Rajasthan. By visiting this park, you can enjoy the sights of wildlife like tigers, lions, leopards and crocodiles. There is also a famous Padam Talao Lake filled with water lilies.
All you need to do is to take a right Rajasthan tour package and Rajasthan Car rental for the sightseeing. With the right tour package, you can enjoy the best of Rajasthan tourism to enjoy its enticing places.