< Return toWishlist
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
810 Sestiere Giudecca
| +39 041 272 3311
Five Places to Find Intimacy in VeniceIn Venice, it's hard to get a moment alone with a loved one or even with the city herself. The crowds of tourists reaching over your shoulder to snap shaky photos of the aged Rialto can become a nuisance as you try to realize the historical importance and sheer magic of the lagoon city for yourself. Here are my Top 5 ways to escape from the crowds and see the subdued elegance of the city.
1) Museo Correr: It is unfathomable why more people do not visit this charming and historic museum conveniently situated in the Piazza San Marco, opposite San Marco Basilica. While the Palazzo Ducale is not to be missed, there are no long lineups here. Museo Correr is a great way to see historic Venice without having to elbow your way from room to room.
2) The Hilton Molino-Stucky: For views of the Venetian island take a quick Vaporetto ride to La Giudecca (Dorsoduro) where many Venetians and artists live. The hotel itself is a restored flour mill with a rooftop pool and bar. Enjoy an afternoon beer or prosecco and be sure to bring your camera for the 360° views.
3) Scuola Grande di San Rocco: A confraternity that housed the most influential Venetian Renaissance painters the interior is entirely painted with works by Tintoretto.
4) The Rialto After 7pm: As most restaurants open at 7-7:30 most tourists are scrambling for seats. Have the bridge to yourself and a few passersby.
5) Get Lost!: Put away your map, be adventurous and wander the city. You'll be sure to find locals.