Hamngatan 4, 111 47 Stockholm, Sweden
| +46 8 402 30 99
Photo courtesy of Hallwylska Museet
Sat, Sun 11am - 5pm
Tue, Thur, Fri 12pm - 4pm
Wed 12pm - 7pm
Hallwyl HouseKnown in English as the Hallwyl House, this was once home to Count and Countess Walther and Wilhelmina von Hallwyl, and the residence was completed in 1898 as their winter home.
Avid collectors of antiques, the von Hallwyls wanted to expand their old space to house all their collections as well as build an office from which to run the family business from.
It was finally opened up to the public in 1938, and among its treasures are a piece of Count Walther von Hallwyl’s long beard and a slice of their wedding cake.