Fort Washington Park
City Hall Park Path
Little Red LighthouseThe red lighthouse was built in 1880 and moved to its current location on the Hudson in 1921. Writer, Hildegarde H Swift, wrote a children’s book about the friendship between the red lighthouse and the gray bridge, The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge. By 1951, the lighthouse was abandoned and slated for demolition. Thousands of children who loved Swift’s book started a nationwide campaign to save the Lighthouse and succeeded. It is now a main attraction in Fort Washington Park where the Little Red Lighthouse Festival is held in the fall. There is even an annual eponymous swim that takes place there. Tip: Rent a bike and ride there on the bike path along the Hudson River.