Comércio do Porto Building
107 Avenida dos Aliados
| +351 918 886 009
Modernism ArchitectureIn the corner of Avenida dos Aliados and Elísio de Melo Street, we can admire a building from the 1930’s that used to be the headquarters of Jornal do Comércio do Porto (one of the biggest newspapers at the time).
Of classic inspiration, but showing modern influence, it’s a beautiful building and, on the top, we can see eight female art-deco sculptures which symbolize Portugal’s provinces (Minho, Douro, Trás-os-Montes, Beira Alta, Beira Baixa, Estremadura,Alentejo and Algarve), together with their capital’s coat of arms.
The Building's project was from Porto's architect, Rogério de Azevedo, a notable professional that has a lot of buildings in the City.