We’re entering the third week of our Catch the World contest! There are still four weeks left for you to win a trip to (almost) anywhere and I’m here to help you win it! We’re choosing up to six finalists each week over the course of the contest. At the end, we’ll give away five $2000 travel vouchers on Vayama and one grand-prize trip to Copenhagen, with airfare and hotel provided.
Here are a few dos and don’ts when it comes to creating that winning Highlight.
- Feature a place that is lesser known, or if it’s well known, feature a part of it that many might not know.
- Grab our attention with a captivating photo of the place/experience.
- Keep our attention with a clear title, one that tells us the what and the where. A great example is from one of our first week’s finalists: “The Yellow-Eyed Penguins of Curio Bay” (pictured above).
- Be detailed in your description. Take us to that place and help us best experience it with cultural insight, recommendations, and tips. The more detailed and relatable you can make it for the community, the better!
- Use a photo that’s of you or your family in front of a monument or on top of a mountain. (These are never chosen.)
- Just caption your photo. The description is the most important part of the Highlight.
- Wax too poetic, in a way that doesn’t get across specifics. Though we emphasize the importance of the description, it can be brief as long as it’s specific.
Following these simple guidelines will produce winning content and potentially a roundtrip ticket for you! You don’t have to be a professional photographer or writer. All you have to do is open our eyes to a place in a way that makes us want to experience it the way you did. Easy right? So what are you waiting for? Start uploading now!
There will be up to six finalist selected every week, one of which will win a trip. The announcement will be posted every Monday on afar.com/magazine and you can see all the finalists in my Wanderlist. Comment here or message me if you have any questions.