Kristy Caylor, the 36-year-old president and creative director of the women’s clothing and accessories brand Maiyet, travels half the year searching for craftspeople in Bolivia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, and Peru. Caylor puts the artisans’ talents to work in bringing Maiyet’s designs to the runway. Her larger goal: to build stronger communities by creating jobs that value local skills and traditions.
Fashion’s Conscience: Kristy Caylor of Maiyet
- 1Travel TipsArticleIn Sweden, a 72-Hour Cure for All That Ails You
- 2ScottsdaleArticleGet to Know Scottsdale Through its LocalsSponsored by Experience Scottsdale
- 3Weekend GetawaysSlideshow7 Eerie Ghost Towns Across the United States
- 4Travel TipsArticleWhat You Can Do to Help Wine Country Now—and Later
- 5Epic TripsArticleWhy You Should Explore Tokyo with AFAR Experiences