Bermuda’s pink sands are just the beginning. The island has multicultural roots, a rich sailing legacy, breathtaking natural wonders, and a talent for mixing Rum Swizzles—perfect for a sunset toast. Not only is it an appealing getaway, but it’s also an accessible one, less than two hours from the East Coast. We’ll get you there even faster with this Insta-tour that captures the spirit of Bermuda in six picture-perfect Instagrams. Let’s go!
An Instagram Tour of Bermuda
- 1 / 7Dock LifeWho’s up for some island hopping? Bermuda's crystal-clear turquoise waters are perfect for any subtropical adventure, especially if you start it off with a sunset cruise, Dark 'n Stormy® in hand.
- 2 / 7Sails UpIn Bermuda, sailing is more than just a fun way to spend a day. It’s a legacy. Not only was the island founded by a group of shipwrecked mariners in the early 17th century, but those same sailors also invented a rig that is still in use on sailboats today. True to that seafaring tradition, Bermuda continues to make waves by hosting the 35th America’s Cup, presented by Louis Vuitton, in May and June 2017. Ahoy!Photo courtesy of @princessbermuda
- 3 / 7Burnt Point FortConstructed in 1688, Burnt Point Fort on St. George's Island was designed to defend the harbour from enemy ships, while the nearby Martello Tower protected against cannon fire. The view is absolutely breathtaking.
- 4 / 7Jobson CoveThe dreamy Jobson Cove really has it all—all those legendary Bermudian hues, that is: pink sand for sunbathing, turquoise water for splashing, and limestone rocks for that taste of primordial beauty.
- 5 / 7Gombey DanceThere’s more to this island than the beach, of course. With their colorful costumes, rhythmic movements, and reflections of the island’s melting pot of cultural traditions, the Gombey dancers have become an iconic symbol of Bermuda.
- 6 / 7Crystal CavesEscaping that island heat is easy when there’s a 30-million-year-old cave nearby. And even better? Wandering through the Crystal Caves is like exploring a natural palace filled with otherworldly rock formations, chandelier clusters, and stunning mirror-like pools.
- 7 / 7
A picture-perfect destination awaits