Today we’re at the newly opened and gorgeous Park Hyatt New York, for two days of inspiration, education, and conversation with AFAR’s elite team of travel advisors. We call them our Travel Advisory Council.
Advisors can and should be an important partner to you throughout your entire travel experience, from inspiration and planning to when you hit the ground running. The more complex the trip, the more likely you’ll want a knowledgeable, dedicated partner to help you make the most of your travel.
Experiential travelers tend to think they can and should go at it alone. And sometimes we’re right, but often having an advisor by your side can be invaluable. For a moment, think about being dropped off at an isolated airstrip in Kenya only to learn that the person you paid to meet you doesn’t. Or consider when your flight is cancelled to St. Barth, where you’re supposed to celebrate your honeymoon? Who would you call? Where would you go?
Travel advisors not only help you avoid disasters. They’re educators and partners who can also save you time, money, and headaches, while delivering inspiration, benefits, and amenities you can’t get on your own. The good ones generally charge a fee for their time, but what you pay up front you’ll save on the back end.
Here are 7 reasons to consider leaning on an advisor for your next trip.
- You have a partner you can always turn to when disaster strikes.
- Value. You’re assured to get the best available rates, amenities, and insight on what is worth a splurge and what isn’t.
- There is one thing that cannot be bought…Time! A specialist can make sure that no time is lost on planning, unnecessary excursions, or missed connections.
- Connections and relationships. You can’t VIP yourself, but they can.
- You always have an expert to talk to about trends, hotspots, and insider information.
- They’ve been there, done that. It’s easier to trust an expert knowing they have traveled to the places you’re thinking about going.
- Putting all travel components and logistics into one seamless itinerary creates efficiency, and more importantly allow you to be more present and “in the now” during your travels.
AFAR’s Travel Advisors are the best in the business with expertise in specific destinations, passions, and interests. One person can’t be an expert in everything, but collectively they have the world covered. Learn more about our advisors.
And here is a guide from one of our advisors on Oaxaca. It’s a great first step on your next adventure.