Kauai is where I go to turn off my cell phone. To escape the bustle and lights of the city for the cricket sounds and pitch black nights of the island. To give my hands a break from typing and let them be the hands of a macadamia nut farmer. To leave behind the world of social media and unplug. At least that’s the idea, anyhow. But Kauai is simply too stunning to justify leaving behind the world of social media. And so, instead of unplugging, I find myself clogging the Instagram feed with every beach, gecko, and exotic fruit I see. Here are five signs I’m back on the island.
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter