Kauai is where I go to turn off my cell phone. To escape the bustle and lights of the city for the cricket sounds and pitch black nights of the island. To give my hands a break from typing and let them be the hands of a macadamia nut farmer. To leave behind the world of social media and unplug. At least that’s the idea, anyhow. But Kauai is simply too stunning to justify leaving behind the world of social media. And so, instead of unplugging, I find myself clogging the Instagram feed with every beach, gecko, and exotic fruit I see. Here are five signs I’m back on the island.
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers