There’s no denying that California, filled with sparkling beaches, palm trees, and trendy avenues decorated with street art, is one of the most picturesque destinations in the world. But that doesn’t mean that all California spots are created equal in front of the lens—or in front of your followers.
Some places just seem made for a postcard—or, more likely in this day and age—for an Instagram post. These are our top 20 picks for the most camera-ready spots throughout The Golden State.
20 Most Instagrammable Spots in California
- 1 / 21
- 2 / 212. GOLDEN GATE BRIDGEFrom the Full House introduction to your Instagram account, this red bridge is one of the most iconic landmarks in the country. Whether you’re snapping a photo while cruising across it by bike or admiring it from San Francisco’s shores, nothing screams “California” quite like the Golden Gate.
- 3 / 213. SALVATION MOUNTAINSituated outside of Palm Springs in the city of Calipatria, Salvation Mountain’s brightly-colored, whimsical design stands out among the barren desert. Visiting this art installation feels akin to jumping into a Tim Burton film—a magical experience that you’ll feel compelled to document. And share with your followers.
- 4 / 21
- 5 / 21
- 6 / 21
- 7 / 21
- 8 / 21
- 9 / 21
- 10 / 21
- 11 / 21
- 12 / 2112. HOLLYWOOD HIKEThere’s no landmark that’s more strongly identified with Los Angeles than that which actually screams the name of one of its most popular neighborhoods: the Hollywood sign. The Hollywood sign hike, through Griffith Park, is pretty much tailor-made for a photo opportunity, and is often crowded with hoards of amateur (ahem, Instagram) photographers.
- 13 / 21
- 14 / 21
- 15 / 21
- 16 / 21
- 17 / 2117. NAPA WINERIESIn a state known for its beaches, sunshine, and green juice, it can be easy to overlook the fact that it’s also home to one of the most renowned wine regions in the world: Napa Valley. To get the full effect of this area’s jaw-dropping vistas, take your wine tasting—and picture-taking—to one of the many outdoor tasting areas at local wineries.
- 18 / 21
- 19 / 21
- 20 / 2120. SEVEN TEACUPSThough it’s a popular canyoneering destination, the Seven Teacups in Tulare County is worth a visit for anyone looking to catch sight—and a shot—of one of California’s most incredible natural landmarks.
- 21 / 21
These California destinations are sure to get you likes