Islands don’t get much dreamier or farther flung than Bora Bora and Tahiti. They’re the stuff of trips of a lifetime, honeymoons, and bragging rights upon the return home. When you’re setting out on such an adventure, you want to be sure you get it right—and that’s where Paul Gauguin Cruises come in. It’s the regional leader with a nimble, luxurious ship and experiential offerings onboard and in port. Read on for the top 10 reasons why you’ll want to board the m/s Paul Gauguin. Next stop? Paradise.
1. The Intimate and award winning ship. The 332-guest m/s Paul Gauguin is the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific—and size is one secret of its success. It was custom built to access Polynesian lagoons and ports, letting you travel deeper into these Edenic landscapes.
2. Extraordinary value in luxury cruising. The all-inclusive pricing means a carefree onboard environment and no surprises. You get to relax while knowing everything’s taken care of: fine dining in all three restaurants; drinks including select wines and spirits; gratuities for room steward, dining and bar staff; entertainment; and activities. Even your round-trip airfare from Los Angeles is covered.
3. Exceptional service. The crew-to-guest ratio of 1:1.5 is among the highest at sea and includes a one-of-a-kind troupe of Tahitians, Les Gauguines and Les Gauguins. They not only perform but also act as welcoming cultural ambassadors, offering instruction in how to tie a pareo, traditional dance, and basket weaving—plus the local perspective on the islands.
4. Longer port stays. You’ll get to experience island life to the fullest with entire days spent in port and overnight calls on Bora Bora and Moorea on most itineraries.
5. Exclusive retreats. Guests are treated to Paul Gauguin’s private hideaways off the coasts of Bora Bora and Taha’a (Motu Mahana), with visits that include aquatic adventures, Polynesian entertainment, and a barbecue.
6. Watersports. You can pick up complimentary snorkel gear from the ship’s marina to use throughout the cruise. It’s just one of the watersports available from the marina and destination beaches. Go paddleboarding, kayaking, or get up-close with colorful fish and corals on a diving excursion by Zodiac. Optional PADI SCUBA diving programs are also available.
7. Enrichment program. Local naturalists and experts on topics like archaeology and art join every sailing, enhancing the experience and turning the ship into a hub of South Pacific education and entertainment. It also happens to have a gallery of the art and artifacts related to Polynesian culture and history.
8. Wildlife Conservation Society Partnership. Guests on select sailings get the added benefit of engaging presentations by ecologists, naturalists, and marine biologists thanks to this partnership. And kids of all ages can take part in hands-on, interactive learning through the Stewards of Nature Family Program, offered through the WCS during the summer and holiday season.
10. Luxurious accommodations. Spacious oceanview staterooms feature fine linens and in-room refrigerators with drinks of your choice replenished daily. Nearly 70% come with private balconies for soaking up views of jagged mountain peaks, coral reefs, and sugar-sand beaches.
© 2017 AFAR Media