If you want to be the coolest one on the beach, you better pack appropriately. Swimsuits, totes, and towels are essentials, and bonus points if you can bring an unexpected beach toy. From our favorite new shades to a fresh way to ride the waves, here’s what to pack for your next beach vacation.
1. Rachel Comey one-piece, $288, rachelcomey.com
This colorblocked, retro-inspired one-piece is perfect for channeling Mad Men on the beach.
2. RRL hat, $145, ralphlauren.com
Ralph Lauren’s RRL hat get points for practicality and style.
3. Lacoste Live swim trunks, $95, lacoste.com
The pattern on these trunks is an abstract riff on coral.
4. Frescobol Carioca hand surf board, $235, frescobolcarioca.com
A Brazilian handplane makes body-surfing twice as fun. Unlike a boogie board, it also packs easily.
5. Mar Y Sol tote, $135, shopmarysol.com
May Y Sol (“sun and beach” in Spanish) named this tote “Collins” for the famous striped towels common in South Beach.
6. Castañer espadrilles, $140, mrporter.com
Family-run Castañer has crafted espadrilles in Spain since 1927.
7. Shiseido sunscreen, $36, shiseido.com
This sunscreen comes with WetForce technology by Shiseido, so your protection from the sun actually increases when your ‘block comes in contact with water.
8. Oliver Peoples sunglasses, $510, oliverpeoples.com
Clear rims and dark lenses give these sunnies their unique appeal.
9. Dusen Dusen towels (bottom two), $38, dusendusen.com
Dusen Dusen’s brightly-colored, patterned towels make a statement on the sand.
10. Paul Smith towel (top one), $125, paulsmith.co.uk
Paul Smith’s towel turns your plot of sand into a Moroccan-inspired mosaic.