Le Guanahani is located on a private 18-acre peninsula in the Quartier Lorient, on the northeastern side of St. Barth. The hotel blends casual Caribbean charm with French flair and features a wide array of amenities including a restorative spa, two beaches, two pools, watersports, tennis and children’s programs. Vibrantly colored guest cottages with playful gingerbread trim dot the hillside and are shaded by towering palms trees and lush tropical gardens, while the warm waves of Marigot Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac are just steps away. Thoughtful custom furnishings, exposed beams and fresh Caribbean interior palettes put the spacious, residentially styled guest rooms and signature suites on the best dressed list. Savor a sip of champagne or a creative cocktail at the beach bar or delve into a romantic dinner at one of two restaurants. Influenced by a wealth of French tradition and the exceptional culinary heritage of St. Barth itself, Le Guanahani serves refined, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine paired with unobtrusive service.
- Rooms and Suites
Recently updated in a classic Caribbean Explorer style, all rooms and suites are thoughtfully outfitted with residential comforts and modern amenities. All feature a private terrace and garden, and many feature private pools.
High-speed wireless internet throughout the property. LCD flat-screen TV with On-Demand video, web radio, iPod docking station and music juke box in guest rooms. Public computer.
Nestled into the hillside, all of the property’s cottages and buildings offer stunning views of Marigot Bay, Grand Cul-de-Sac or the hotel’s lush gardens.
Spa by Clarins—full-service spa featuring luxury Clarins products. Steam room. Swimming pool. Frederic Fekkai hair salon. Wellness activities.
Fitness center with exercise equipment, TVs, HiFi system, showers, and fresh water. Complimentary use of watersports gear. Scuba Diving lessons and certification. Two tennis courts. Hiking paths.
The Beach Bar—specialty drinks on the beach.
Indigo—main restaurant serving refined, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine overlooking the pool and ocean. Buffet and continental breakfast. Indigo on the Beach—toes-in-the-sand dining. Bartolomeo—elegant evening dining in a candle-lit tropical garden setting.
Private meeting room for 25-40 people. Air conditioning. Overhead & slide projectors. Audiovisual equipment. Private phones. Outdoor event space.
Kid’s Club—activities with a touch of French culture (ages 2-6). Junior’s Club—activities and entertainment (ages 6-12). Babysitting services.
Clefs d’Or concierge services. 24-hour in-room dining. Twice-daily maid service. Laundry service. Airport/harbor transfers. On-site car rentals. Daily international newspapers. Currency exchange. Boutique.
- RoomsSpread throughout the tropical landscape in colorful cottages, Le Guanahani’s accommodations have been recently updated by designer Luis Pons in a timeless and graceful Explorer style. They offer a private terrace, ceiling fans, air-conditioning, in-room safe, telephone, stocked mini-bar, LCD flat-screen TV, iPod dock, Video On Demand, high-speed wireless Internet access and bathroom with honey-tumbled tile shower and Clarins amenities.
There are 30 rooms located throughout the property with garden or ocean views. Three junior suites and 24 one-bedroom suites are situated within lush gardens or on the hillside overlooking Grand Cul-de-Sac. These private and spacious retreats feature a sitting room/area, terrace and garden and many offer a large private pool.
- La VillaLa Villa is an enchanting oasis that pairs the privacy of a secluded garden setting with convenient access to beachside activities and dining. The three-bedroom suite features a living room with convertible sofa bed and master with four-poster, king-size bed, spacious dressing area and en-suite bathroom with shower and bath tub. The connecting rooms have private shower bathrooms. La Villa offers ocean and garden views, two entrances, wood floors, a covered terrace with extended sundeck, and a private pool. 1,453 square feet.
- Admiral SuiteDedicated to Christopher Columbus, this two-bedroom suite offers custom furnishings, wood flooring and stunning panoramic views of the sea. Accessed from two entrances, the retreat features a living area with convertible sofa bed, master with four-poster, king-size bed and large dressing area, and bathroom with a shower and relaxing balneo tub. The second bedroom offers two twin beds. Surrounded by a private deck, the suite provides private access to the beach below. 1,400 square feet.
- Serenity SuiteCalm and light, this two-bedroom suite is nestled in the hillside overlooking Grand Cul-de-Sac and offers views of the ocean from an expansive covered terrace with extended sundeck. A spacious living room is outfitted with a convertible sofa bed, dining table and wet bar. The four-poster, king-bedded master offers a large dressing area and bathroom with shower and balneo tub, while the second bedroom features a bathroom with shower/hammam. The suite has two entrances and features a private pool. 1,506 square feet.
- Marigot SuiteThis colorful, thoughtfully appointed two-bedroom retreat offers ocean views across Marigot Bay. Located in a garden setting, the suite offers direct access to the spa and features two entrances, wood flooring, a covered terrace with extended sundeck, large private pool and outside shower. Both king-bedded bedrooms are paired with en-suite bathrooms with showers. 1,400 square feet.
- Garden HouseLocated in a secluded garden setting, the Garden House is composed of three bedrooms surrounding a sparkling pool. The king-bedded master suite offers a living room, while two connecting bedrooms upstairs overlook the pool from private terraces. Views of the tropical surrounds are enjoyed from a covered terrace with extended sundeck. The suite offers three entrances, wood flooring, a convertible sofa in the living room and three bathrooms with showers. 928 square feet.
- Beach HouseLocated directly on the beach, the two-bedroom Beach House presents a private terrace in an intimate sand garden setting complete with private Jacuzzi. The expansive suite features stone flooring and comprises an elegant living room, four-poster, king-bedded master with en-suite bathroom with shower, and second twin-bedded bedroom with separate bathroom with shower. 1001 square feet.
- Pelican SuiteThe two-bedroom Pelican Suite is situated in a garden setting overlooking Grand Cul-de-Sac. This spacious ocean-view hideaway features a covered terrace with extended sundeck surrounded by a vast outdoor area with Jacuzzi, two entrances, a living room and wood flooring. The king-bedded master and twin-bedded second bedroom each offer a shower bathroom. 861 square feet.
- Marechal SuiteThis two-bedroom suite is located in the heart of the property and offers ocean views. It features a king-bedded master bedroom, second bedroom, living room with convertible sofa bed, wood flooring, bathrooms with showers, private spool and covered terrace with extended sundeck. 770 square feet.
- Hibiscus SuiteThis two-bedroom suite is situated in the heart of the property with views of the tropical gardens. It features a king-bedded master, second bedroom, living room with convertible sofa bed, wood flooring, bathrooms with showers, private pool and covered terrace with extended sundeck. 933 square feet.
- Wellness SuiteLocated above the spa, this loft-style mini-suite affords views of the grounds looking out to sea and comprises one king-bedded room with wood flooring, a covered outdoor shower bathroom and a private terrace. Guests enjoy direct private access to the spa as well as exclusive use of the spa’s relaxation areas and pool after hours. 323 square feet.