- 1 / 6These Hotels Are a Chocolate Lover’s DreamCalling all chocolate fans: These hotels were made for people who crave the good stuff. Whether you want to soak in a warm chocolate milk bath or bite into chocolate made from local cacao beans (you really can taste the difference), these four getaways cater to those with a serious sweet tooth.
- 2 / 6Boucan by Hotel ChocolatSt. Lucia
Located on a former chocolate plantation, this historic estate got a makeover when new owners purchased the land 10 years ago. Now it’s a working cocoa farm once more, producing chocolate from beans grown on site and around St. Lucia. Boucan by Hotel Chocolat offers a Tree-to-Bar experience, where you can select your own cacao pods and then learn to make chocolate. Head to the Cocoa Juvenate Spa for a cacao-oil massage or a facial that includes a cacao-and-banana mask. And don’t miss the chocolate-infused cocktails—such as the cacao martini with vodka and cacao pulp—at the hotel restaurant.Courtesy of Boucan by Hotel Chocolat/Facebook
- 3 / 6The Peninsula ChicagoThis newly renovated 339-room hotel has introduced its Keys to the City program, which helps guests engage with Windy City culture—including its chocolate scene. The Peninsula Chicago has partnered with Vosges Haut-Chocolat, a Chicago-based chocolatier, for an exclusive tour and tasting at its Chocolate Temple factory. Don’t want to wander far from your room? The hotel also offers Chocolate at the Pen, a weekend chocolate bar. Spearheaded by the hotel’s pastry chef, Dimitri Fayard, the experience includes small chocolate desserts paired with unlimited coffee, cappuccino, or espresso. And, of course, a chocolate martini is available for the true chocoholics.Courtesy of The Peninsula Chicago
- 4 / 6Rosas & XocolateMerida, Mexico
The spa at Rosas & Xocolate, a 17-room boutique hotel, specializes in chocolate-focused treatments using natural ingredients. Book the Xocolate & Spices treatment for a hand exfoliation using warm chocolate, or try the body scrub of the day, which uses cacao salts mixed with dried rose petals, oils, and spices. Young guests can get in on the chocolate action, too, thanks to a separate kids menu of chocolate facials, cocoa-oil massages, and even foot rubs that come with ice cream. The hotel also has a Belgian-Mexican chocolate shop stocked with chocolates from Ki’xocolatl, a local chocolatier, and stocks guest rooms with cacao soaps.Courtesy of Rosas & Xocolate
- 5 / 6The Hotel HersheyPennsylvania
We can’t forget to give the Hotel Hershey a little love! Located just a four-minute drive from the Hersheypark family theme park, this luxury property exudes chocolate obsession, from its specialty drinks—such as the Hershey’s Kisses Signature Chocolate Martini at Trevi 5—to the wine-and-chocolate baskets sold at the Cocoa Beanery café. Don’t miss the Everything Chocolate services at the spa (chocolate milk baths, chocolate fondue body wraps, cacao-bean moisturizer). And a seven-minute drive will get you to the Hershey’s Chocolate World, where anyone can take a complimentary tour of the chocolate factory (and, yes, there are samples).
Photo by Matt Chen
- 6 / 6