In the heat of the summer there is only thing to do: pack a lunch, grab some beers, hop on a bike, ride the ferry, and get yourself over to the islands. It doesn't really matter which ferry you chose (well, don't head to the airport) because the only thing ahead is exploration.
I recommend the following:
- drinking beers with German tourists at the beach side bar
- borrowing someone's canoe and heading out for a whirl
- sprawling out on the sand with a book
- listening to Afro beats in an aging hippie's house while mowing down on watermelon
- snapping picturesque shots of the city skyline
- biking along the wooden boardwalk facing the Leslie Spit
- tucking into a vegetarian meal at the delightful Island Café while listening to live music
You'll never want to leave...