1. Rome's mascot is a she-wolf who cared for the legendary founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus.
2. Rome has a sovereign state located entirely in its city limits, the Vatican City. Vatican is the world's smallest state and ruled by the Pope, the Bishop of Rome.
3. Rome's first university, La Sapienza, is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world.
4. Around 700,000 euros worth of coins get tossed into the Trevi Fountain each year. This is donated to charities to help the needy.
5. Rome has a museum dedicated entirely to pasta.