by Fabrizia Lanza
Palermo’s art museum, which houses medieval and modern works, is around the corner from the Mura delle Cattive (Wall of Widows). It’s in a well-preserved palace of the 15th-century Gothic Catalan epoch—we belonged to Spain at the time—and it was restored by Carlo Scarpa, one of the best Italian architects and designers, in 1953. Via Alloro 4
This story appeared in the January/February 2011 issue. See all of Fabrizia Lanza’s favorite places in Palermo.