Summer nights in Oia, Santorini are like a dream - bright, fiery sunsets melt into warm, enveloping dusk. Settle in for drinks and dinner at one of the many outdoor restaurants lining the volcano caldera side of the island.
Slowly, as you sip your drink in the cool breeze, glimmering lights begin to flicker on and the muted sounds of clinking glasses and murmured conversation drift by. If you are lucky, an elegant ship will glide across the caldera - truly a sight to see.
My family and I spent a week in Santorini. Favorite finds include:
- Atrina Traditional Houses for a beautiful rooms with 180-degree views
- Red Bicycle restaurant in Oia for world-class cuisine and a sweeping terrace
- Atlantis Books, an underground "cave" bookstore
- Red Beach for dramatic, cliffside scenery
- Megalochori for a quiet, off-the-beaten path village
Paradise on earth. Ready to go back, anytime!