The first church to stand in the middle of the Place-Royale was built in 1688. After being severely damaged during the British siege of the city in 1759, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires was reconstructed on the same site. It has been remodeled and restored several times during its long history, but its original character has been carefully preserved. The church is still in use, and is a beloved symbol of the endurance of francophone culture in Québec. Step inside for a glimpse of one of the oldest churches in Canada.