watching Lake Tahoe from 36,000 ft - inspired me to write:
1. Always Explore, do not be afraid.
2. Learn something new everyday (ideas, events, people's lives, culture, geography, science).
3. Do your best with the resources available at your reach.
4. Going places is not enough, meet the people and appreciate the differences.
5. Always be part of a community support system, seek help and offer help.
6. The journey may have an award at the end; but most likely the only thing we will get is the reward of the journey itself.
7. Live each day like if it was a full cycle of life - be born at sunrise and go to bed fully satisfied and exhausted.
8. Be happy with who you are - and tolerate yourself - you may be the only travel companion you have at times.
9. Take notes - the memory fails - you may need to remember people, places and events later on.
10. If you could - go back to those places that you discovered, explored or adventured before - you will re-discover a full new place.