From 1958 to 1968, the Imperial Eagle ferry boat traveled between Malta and Gozo carrying a load of 70 passengers, 10 cars, and goods. For the following 20 years, it was used as a cargo ship on the same route. It was originally bought to replace the world famous ’Calypso’ when the latter was donated to Jacques Yves Cousteau. On July 19, 1999, the 43m-long vessel was scuttled about 300 meters north east of Qawra Point. It now stands upright on a 40m sandy bottom 50 meters away from the Christ statue and is another “must see” place for divers.