First of all, Victoria has the second-most restaurants per capita in North America after San Francisco, so ...I can't fit everything here. But to start: DOWNTOWN
1. Little Jumbo - super geeky about drinks and always friendly; a bit like a speakeasy.
2. The Oyster - Arts and Crafts meets Chicago meets San Francisco decor. Oysters & drinks & other snacks.
3. Flying Otter OR Lido - Both on the waterfront, both with decks in summer, facing west.
4. Vista 18 - 18 floors up, views over the city - gorgeous.
5. The Veranda or the Bengal Lounge, Fairmont Empress Hotel - grand architecture, well-trained service, good drinks even if some of the most pricey.
6. The Pubs - Garrick's Head, Canoe, Bard & Banker, Irish Times ... all unique, all great beer, all great interiors. Check them out and pick the one that matches your mood.
7. Argyle Attic - Seems to be a total secret; sort of a classy Canadiana decor, long whiskey list