If you only have one Italian restaurant to visit in Toronto, this is the one. Yes, Buca is good too, but Campagnolo treats you like famiglia. There is a reason the restaurant was voted on En Route's top ten restaurants of 2011.
Everything on the menu is amazing and the menu changes on the regular but the perennial favourites are:
1. House-made Baguette and Gougères
2. Fresh Burrata Cheese with Roasted Grapes and Toasted Bread (NOBODY does burrata like Craig Harding. NOBODY).
3. House-Made Spaghetti All’Amatriciana
4. Papparadelle with braised rabbit (not currently on their menu but you're in for a treat when it is).
5. Budino - they even have mini budinos so you feel like you can treat yo self.
If you have a chance to sit at the chef's table, it's a treat. Make sure to treat yo self to a boozy cocktail too. They're quite good here and executed with perfection.
Campagnolo has a beautiful patio looking out onto Dundas Street West and it's one more treat if you can manage to get a reservation in the summer.