Attending a playoff game at AT&T Park during the San Francisco Giants' 2012 championship season remains one of the most thrilling experiences I've had as a sports fan. But whether it's a post-season contest or regular season game, being here is a treat for the senses: the up-close-and-personal feel of the seating with no bad sight lines, a beautiful view of the San Francisco Bay, and some of the tastiest ballpark food anywhere. Gilroy Garlic Fries are a must, as any Giants fan will testify. Families can get in on the fun as well in the Fan Lot above the left field bleachers where children can play on a series of slides and run around the bases of a miniature field. Bring your friends, a jacket (just in case the fog rolls in), wear orange and black, and be prepared to enjoy a most quintessential San Francisco experience.
Have you been here? Share a tip or a photo with fellow travelers.
Information About AT&T Park
A ballpark with a difference! Host to Major League Baseball and home to the San Francisco Giants Baseball team, AT&T Park is a must visit for any sports enthusiast. The park offers stunning view of the bay and has a host of activities and food outlets. Notable features of the park are:
• Right Field and McCovey Cove: In honour of famed Giants first baseman and left-handed slugger Willie McCovey.
• Rusty, The Coke Bottle, and The Glove: Rusty the robotic ball player, the 80 foot Coca Cola bottle with playground slides and the "Giant 1927 Old-Time Four-Fingered Baseball Glove".
• @Cafe: A social media cafe that features large screens that show social media posts from Giants’ fans on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• San Francisco Giants Wall of Fame: It was erected as part of the 50th-anniversary celebration of the Giants' move to San Francisco and features 43 players.
• The Statues: Located outside the park are five statues of legendary Giants players.
The park also hosts several special events, football games and musical concerts.
• Other Hours: Tours are available EVERYDAY at 10:30 am and 12:30 pm
• Additional tours are available at 11:30 am and 1:30 pm during June, July and August.
• Other Ticket Prices: Seniors (55 & over)- 17.00 USD; Kids (12 and under)- 12.00 USD.
• Tips & Warnings: The park has special access for wheelchairs and strollers.
• The security at the park is thorough and all visitors must comply.