Few resorts are as easy to get to and yet so far from the bustle of the world as the Rosewood Mayakoba. The resort is an easy 45-minute ride from Cancún International Airport, and the staff puts you in a vacation mindset within moments after you land in Mexico. The airport transfer includes a cold juice or water and cool wet towels. It is once you leave the highway and enter Mayakoba, however, that you’ll feel like you’ve truly escaped. A wall of lush foliage lines the narrow road that leads towards the sea and Rosewood Mayakoba.
The resort’s 130 suites are strung along the canals of the lagoon or overlook the Caribbean. Their design is cool and contemporary, with details like marble floors, rustic wooden shade screens, and plantings of bougainvillea creating an atmosphere suited to its location on the Yucatan. The smallest room—a beachfront studio—measures almost 800 square feet, and that is doubled by almost as much outdoor space. You can choose from lagoon or ocean views, while every room has opportunities for stargazing as you lounge beneath the night sky. Here, the lights of Cancún to the north and Playa del Carmen to the south are just slight glows on the horizon.
There are a few things you should keep in mind before booking a stay. If you are looking for a disco that goes late into the night, this isn’t the resort for you. If you are used to resorts with a buffet just feet from your room, be prepared for a short bike ride or hopping into one of the golf cart shuttles to reach the restaurants. If, however, those features sound like selling points—along with a serene 17,000-square foot spa on its own island and three restaurants serving the best local dishes and tequilas—then Rosewood Mayakoba is the right resort for you. The iguanas that run along the orchid-lined pathways and the herons who preside over the lagoon, as well as the Rosewood Mayakoba staff, are all waiting to welcome you to their home.
Butler service. In-room tequila welcome amenity. Daily housekeeping including nightly turndown service. Daily fresh fruit bowl and water. Air-conditioning. Complimentary in-room coffee and tea service.
Views of lagoon or Caribbean Sea. Oversized deck terraces and rooftop terraces with each suite.
Luxurious bath amenities. Indoor rain shower and sculptured tubs. Outdoor garden rain showers in some rooms. Hairdryers in room.
In-room WiFi. Bose audio and sound equipment. Satellite television and musses. CD, DVD, and iPod docking station. Dual line for modem/phone.
Casa Del Lago — Resort’s signature restaurant serving contemporary Italian cuisine. Punta Bonita — Beachfront grill overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Agave Azul — Sushi and tequila bar. La Ceiba Garden and Kitchen — Al fresco kitchen and garden serving classic and modern Mexican dishes; also features cooking demonstrations.
- Spa and Fitness
Sense, a Rosewood Spa, is 17,000 square feet with 12 treatment rooms and eight island suites. Full fitness center located in The Sense Spa with classes available from 8-10 a.m.
Three pools on site: Casa del Lago Pool, Beach-Front Infinity Edge Pool, and Spa Pool
- Lagoon Studio SuiteLagoon Studio Suites offer spacious open floor plans with one king bed or two queen beds. Bathroom features a soaking tub, dual vanities, and indoor and outdoor rain showers. Outdoor space includes a pool terrace with sun loungers and a rooftop terrace.
- Island SuiteIsland Suites are expansive, secluded, and have a residential feel. Suites are split-level with the bedroom with king bed and master bathroom on the suite's entry level, and a downstairs level has a full wet bar and second bathroom with wet bar. Island Suites include a private treatment cabin with outdoor rain shower for en-suite spa services, and marble bathrooms with indoor shower and tub.
- Deluxe Lagoon SuiteDeluxe Lagoon Suites are one-bedroom suites including a sitting room with sofa bed that can be closed off from the bedroom using sliding doors, and comes with a second bathroom with a rain shower. Suites include outdoor rain showers, roof top terrace, and pool terrace with sun loungers. Suites have views of Rosewood Mayakoba lagoons and mangroves.
- Deluxe Overwater Lagoon SuiteDeluxe Overwater Suites are one-of-a-kind accommodations featuring lounge terraces with plunge pools. Suites feature luxurious bathrooms with outdoor garden shower, private walk-in closet, and views of the lagoon and mangroves. The Deluxe Overwater Lagoon Suite is ideal for honeymooners and couples.
- Beachside Lagoonview SuiteBeachside Lagoonview Suites offer views of the lagoon and mangroves from the living room and pool terrace. Suites include a large bedroom and bathroom with soaking tub and rain shower. Suites are located with easy access to Rosewood Mayakoba's Punta Bonita pool and beach club entrance. Connecting suites may be arranged depending on availability.
- Oceanview SuiteOceanview Suites feature panoramic views of the ocean from the living room and are located on the second floor, just across from the beach. Rooms feature king beds and living rooms with sofa beds. Suites include a rooftop pool terrace with stunning vista of the Caribbean and sunbeds. Connecting suites may be arranged depending on availability.
- Beachfront Studio SuiteBeachfront Studio Suites are located steps away from the beach and clear views of the Caribbean. Suites feature king beds, large soaking tub or lounge on the terrace in an inviting plunge pool. Connecting suites may be arranged depending on availability.
- Deluxe Ocean View SuiteDeluxe Ocean View Suite are tri-level townhouse-style suites located on the beach with stunning views of the ocean and coastline. A private master bedroom with king bed or two queen beds is located on the main floor, and includes a sitting area overlooking the lagoon, walk-in close and oversized bathroom with changing area. Suite features a large living space with an upper-level living room and butler pantry with outdoor terrace, a private plunge pool, a pull-out sofa and a second bathroom. A circular stairway leads to a rooftop sun deck. Connecting suites may be arranged depending on availability.
- Presidential Lagoon SuitePresidential Lagoon Suite is an expansive three-bedroom suite with a large living and dining area, TV room, studio, and kitchen with separate pantry. Master bedroom is connected to main building by a bridge for additional privacy and includes a spacious bathroom, walk-in closet, and private plunge pools. Two additional bedrooms include private bathrooms, one includes a king bed and the other features two queen beds. Main building also has a private pool and large wood terrace for sun bathing.
- Beach Front Presidential SuitePresidential Oceanfront Suite offers extensive living space and floor-to-ceiling glass walls, located directly on the Mexican Caribbean. Suite features two large bedrooms, luxurious bathrooms, a study, TV rooms and lounge terraces. Master bedroom has a unique swim-up pool. Suite can connect to two additional suites to accommodate large families.
- Casa LagunaCasa Laguna is an expansive villa overlooking the lagoon with floor to ceiling windows. Villa features a contemporary open floor plan with chef's kitchen. The lagoon level features three bedrooms including two master unites with en suite bathrooms. Villa also includes a media room, a private pool overlooking the lagoon, a boat dock, private dining deck, and dedicated staff of five.