Green Square In The Desert
Chan Chan is an archaeological site located in the peruvian region of La Libertad, 5 km west of Trujillo city, it was build by the largest Pre-Columbian city in South America, The Chimu, around AD 850 and conquest by the Inca empire in AD 1470.
The vast adobe city of Chan Chan covers an area of approximately 20 km² and had a urban center of about 6 km². It was added as a UNESCO World Heritage Site on November 28 of 1986.
Closer to the area is a local museum that expose some artefacts and representation of the kind of life that chimus people had long time ago in the middle of the desert.
TIP:bring a bottle of water and use solar protection, sunglasses and summer clothes xoxo
- Phone:+51 44 227705